Your Google Activity knows you better than you do. It knows all the products you have ever wanted to buy, all the embarrassing things you have looked up on the internet, and whatnot.
Google Activity, formerly known as Google Web and App History, keeps a record of all that you have searched on the internet. You will need to know how to permanently delete your browsing history to keep your Google activity yourself. Here’s how you can permanently erase your browsing history from your computer.
Erase Your Browsing History On A Computer
Clearing your browsing history and clearing your Google Web & App Activity is not the same. You will only be deleting the browsing history that is locally stored on your computer while deleting it. Clearing your browser history does not affect the data stored on the Google servers.
But if you are someone who values privacy and wants to protect personal data then you should regularly empty your browser cache. This would obviously include your Google search history and the stored cookies, logins, and passwords saved in your browser.
Steps To Permanently Erase Your Browsing History From Your Computer
Here are the steps for you to follow for permanently erasing your browsing history on your computer for any browser.
Deleting Search History On Firefox
Here are the steps for you to delete your Firefox browser permanently.
- Open the Firefox browser, go to the taskbar at the screen on the top, then click on the History.
- Click on Clear Recent History in the drop-down menu.
- Select Everything in Time range to clear.
- For clearing your entire browser history, you need to tick the appropriate boxes. You can also tick the boxes with any other information you want to clear from your browser history.
- Click on the OK button.
Deleting Search History In Chrome And Chromium
- In the Chrome browser, you will have to click on the three vertical dots (⋮) present at the top-right corner of the computer screen.
- Click on Settings at the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down and select privacy and security and then click on Clear browsing history.
- In the time range drop-down menu, click on All time. Select the box for Browsing history, and you can select any other information you want to clear.
- Finally, click on Clear Data.
Deleting Browsing History In Internet Explorer
- In an Internet Explorer browser, click on the wheel-like symbol at the top-right of the screen.
- Now move your cursor to Safety from the drop-down menu, and then click on Delete browsing history.
- Here, you can choose the information you want to clear from browsing history and then click Delete.
Your internet privacy rests completely in your hand. Only you can ensure your privacy and safety in the web world. And knowing how to permanently erase your browsing history from your computer is one of the basic steps to begin this process.
For reading more interesting articles, visit Technology.