Apple is going to release the next model of the iPhone and the entire Apple fan base awaits its arrival. But even before its release, the hot topic of conversation nowadays is all about the iPhone 13 vs iPhone 14 comparison. Comparison between the latest model and the previously released model is the most common discussion that occurs every time. Likewise, iPhone 13 and iPhone 14 comparison has already begun.
As you continue to read through you will understand the difference and key similarities in the iPhone 13 and iPhone 14 comparison.
A Glance At iPhone 14
The new and improved iPhone 14 is now available for pre-order and the sale starts on the 16th of September. The iPhone 14 is the thirteenth in the list starting from the first ever iPhone, released on June 29th of 2007. This was the first smartphone that introduced the touch screen in a palm-sized computer. Apple is well-known for setting the bar high with every release.
This September is not an exception when Apple released its iPhone 14 which has a better camera system, the latest iOS (iOS version 16) and improved battery life which lasts around 3 hours more than its predecessor, which has a battery capacity for streaming video up to 13 hours. The most anticipated feature of the iPhone 14 was the complete removal of the big notch but the customers were disappointed to find that rumour was not true.
Apple is also known for keeping appearances simple and to the point but this time it seems like they didn’t put much work into the design aspect, as the iPhone 13 and iPhone 14 look identical, only with a few millimetres difference in the thickness which is not noticed till you try to fit an iPhone 13 case to iPhone 14. All these are only the appearance, the real upgrades are on the inside, which is the new standard for smartphones. Let’s dive into the iPhone 13 vs iPhone 14 comparison.
iPhone 13 And iPhone 14 Comparison
iPhone 13 Vs iPhone 14 Comparison – Key Similarities
- It is obvious that both iPhones look identical but the iPhone 14 is 3 millimetres thicker than the iPhone 13, which cannot be considered as much of a difference.
- The processor of the ‘Standard’ iPhone 14 and the iPhone 14 ‘Plus’ is the same as the iPhone 13 which is an A15 Bionic chip but iPhone 14’s processor has a 5-core GPU whereas the iPhone 13 has a 4-core GPU of the same A15 chip.
- The iPhone 14 has the Super Retina XDR OLED display with a maximum brightness of 1200 nits which is the same as its predecessor, the iPhone 13.
- The iPhone 13 has a resolution of 2532×1170 which has not been upgraded for its successor, which has the same resolution.
- The camera module is exactly the same as the iPhone 13 where the placement of the main camera and the ultra-wide camera is diagonal.
iPhone 13 Vs iPhone 14 Comparison – Key Differences
- The potential differences are on the inside where the iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max have the new A16 Bionic chip, which has a 6-core CPU and the GPU is the same as A15, 5 GPU and this allows for faster and more efficient operations.
- The A16 chip has a 16-core neural engine which allows the machine to perform about 17 trillion operations per second.
- The camera looks the same but the sensor is bigger in the new iPhone 14, which is 50 megapixels that allows the user to capture the best quality picture ever in a smartphone.
- This year Apple introduced a new feature with Pro models, the ‘Dynamic Island’ which is the multitasking portion around the notch that expands.
- This shows the direction of the map, audio playing and even call notification.
Should You Skip Or Buy iPhone 14?
As we all know that the iPhone 14 is better but not very different from the previous model which brings us to the question, ‘Should you buy this or skip it?’ Well, that depends on the buyer’s perspective. The most crucial thing about buying an iPhone is the price of the mobile.
The pricing of the new iPhone 14 starts from $799 and goes all the way up to $1599 for the iPhone 14 Pro Max 1TB. If the buyer is looking for something much different and already has an iPhone 13 then it won’t make much of a difference. If the buyer has iPhone 12 or older models then it’s a great buy.
When a new customer wants to get into the ‘Apple Ecosystem’ the price is worth it. But everything comes down to the customers’ personal preferences. Taking all that into consideration, the best-suited choice can be made by the customer.
iPhone 14 is going to be released on the 16th of September, 2022. But, by now you would have understood that the brand new iPhone 14 is quite similar to the previous model. Though most surveys suggest that iPhone 14 is not a worthy update.
Only after the users get their hands on the brand new iPhone model, can they be sure of the features it possesses and how effectively it will perform. But the point of view for each user is different and so some might really like the new model and appreciate it whereas others might not do so. This sums up everything about iPhone 13 vs iPhone 14 comparison.
For more related articles, Visit Technology