The 74th Republic Day parade will be held with much fanfare and glamour in Delhi on 26 January. If you are interested to come up or planning to see the parade, you need to know a few set of things. Here, we will share the required information you must know about the 74th Republic Day Parade.
Important Things About The 74th Republic Day Parade
- The national flag will be hoisted by the President of India, Draupadi Murmu at 7:30 am on the Kartavya Path.
- This will be quickly preceded by Prime Minister Narendra Modi paying his respect to the martyrs in front of the Amar Jawan Jyoti. The latter will be completed by the night of 25th January.
- The Republic Day parade will start at 10 am with the first troops of the Indian Army, Navy and Airforce marching out. They will be marching with their regiments and will have their own bands during this march.
- Lieutenant Disha Amrith from the naval operations will be leading the Navy and she will be the one representing Nari Shakti as the theme of this year’s parade. Three women and five men Agniveers will also participate in this parade.
- This will be quickly followed by the tableau of 23 states and union territories. The beating retreat ceremony will determine the end of the parade.
- The Republic Day parade will start from the Rashtrapati Bhawan along the Kartavya Path. This will follow up to the India Gate and finally will proceed to the end of the Red Fort. The entire event can be seen live on Doordarshan.
- Abdel Fattah El Sisi, the President of Egypt, had been invited as the chief guest in the republic day parade of this year. Another 120 members Egyptian contingent will also be a part of the republic day parade in order to display their good relationship with India and their solidarity towards the needs of the nation.
For more related information, visit Current Affairs – Trending Reader.